Shotgun / Trap
Each of our trap ranges has 5 stations. You shoot 5 targets per station in singles and handicap and 10 targets per station for doubles. Shooters are standing at the 16-yard line and will be moved back in handicap along the walkway behind the shooters all the way back the 27 yard line, depending on the shooter's ability. The target is released on the shooter's command of "pull", and will travel at various angles for about 48 to 52 yards at about 50-60 MPH. The shooter must break the target before it hits the ground. You are allowed only one shot in singles and handicap.
If you are interested in learning how to trap shoot, this is a perfect way to start in a comfortable, easy-going atmosphere. New and experienced shooters alike, will have the opportunity to 'obliterate' a few birds (clay disks) in the process. Very liberating!
- Two trap houses; each can release single and double clays.
- First Sunday of every month - Trap Shoot - Open to the public; starts at 10:00 a.m.
- Second Sunday of every month - Introduction to Trap Shooting; starts at 10:00 a.m. (No trap May 12th due to Mother's Day)
- Tuesday Night Trap Shoot Practice; Starts at 4pm (Or as soon as the range is ready) till 830PM (or everyone is finished).
- As we have installed lights, we now can shoot year-round. However, lights will only be used until 8:30 p.m.!