What is Excess Third Party Liability (ETPL) and why do you need it?
- The EPTL provides an additional layer of protection to supplement any personal liability you may carry for your “outdoor activities”. In addition, this policy will provide primary coverage for covered “outdoor activities” where no other personal insurance applies.
- “Outdoor Activities” of an eligible member of the RRGC are specifically hunting, fishing, lawful shooting, archery, including operation of an ATV, or other ORV as defined in the policy, and the use of a watercraft you own up to 12 meters in length with a motor not more than 100 HP (but while directly involved in Hunting or Angling).
- As such, ETPL insures against your legal liability for unintentional bodily injury or property damage to someone other than yourself or your property and arising out of your personal actions. This coverage does not include accident benefits. So, if members injure themselves during outdoor activities; this policy does not provide that coverage; it applies only to third parties. This insurance covers a valid member of RRGC, anywhere in North America. For example, you can legally hunt in Alberta or Ontario or shoot at a range in Washington State.
- Be aware that EPTL coverage is required to legally hunt in the Fraser Valley Special Hunting Area and the Gulf Islands Special Hunting area. Without ETPL you will be unable to purchase a licence for these areas.
- A Certificate of Liability for the current year can be downloaded from the File Library in the Members-Only section as of January 1.
December 1, 2017