What is Excess Third Party Liability (ETPL) and why do you need it?
- The ETPL provides an additional layer of protection to supplement any personal liability you may carry for your “outdoor activities”. In addition, this policy will provide primary coverage for covered “outdoor activities” where no other personal insurance applies.
- “Outdoor Activities” of an eligible member of the RRGC are specifically hunting, fishing, lawful shooting, archery, including operation of an ATV, or other ORV as defined in the policy, and the use of a watercraft you own up to 12 meters in length with a motor not more than 100 HP (but while directly involved in Hunting or Angling).
- ETPL insures you against legal liability for unintentional bodily injury or property damage to someone other than yourself or your property and arising out of your personal actions. This coverage does not include accident benefits. Therefore, if members injure themselves during outdoor activities; this policy does not provide that coverage; it applies only to third parties. This insurance covers a member in good standing of the RRGC, anywhere in North America. So, whether you go on a hunting trip in Alberta or Ontario, or shoot at a range in Washington State, the ETPL insurance will cover you.
- Be aware that EPTL coverage is required to legally hunt in the Fraser Valley Special Hunting Area and the Gulf Islands Special Hunting area. Without ETPL you will be unable to purchase a licence for these areas.
- Please note that as proof of insurance, r. The ETPL Policy term runs from
January 1st ‐ Dec. 31st. Ridgedale members in good standingwill receive their BCWF Member card and insurance certificate directly from the BCWF.
- If you would like to have the certificate on your smart phone, you can download a copy via your BCWF Member Profile at the BCWF eCommunity
March 17, 2020
Ridgedale Rod & Gun Club (RRGC), 35655 Harris Road (east end),...View more details